Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sneak Peek



Inspired by Eeps' recent Apron Swap - I signed up for the latest Apron Swap without reading the "small" print. Turns out that this time around - the aprons were geared towards the mini bunch... and of course, this Mary is miniless.

Seems like everyone and their mother has been trying to make this obvious as of late - I was "thiiiissss" close to renting a Cambodian and Nigerian baby ala Angelina Jolie for my High School Reunion Family Picnic (Keep in mind this was our 10 year - and people actually showed up with up to 5 kids in tow!)

Anywho... back to the apron swap - I thought I would make the best of this opportunity to be crafty and use it as good inspiration to break out the ol' sewing machine. Today's wintery weather seemed like the perfect kick in the tushy to stay in and make my first attempt at sewing since at least 1995... The actual exchange doesn't happen for several more weeks, but, I had to show off the the goods of the day. P.S. I'm very proud of the pocket detailing.

2 comments:

eviedee said...

This is so so adorable! Is that rick rack under the pocket? Well done! For some reason I found our lack of children at the ten year more of an accomplishment than a flaw. It's more fun to be the exception rather than the rule. :) I can't wait to SEE more of your crafting and cooking adventures!

eviedee said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! I just had to say it again, your apron is so cute!