Monday, March 19, 2007

Minty Mind Muddler


This is my absolute favorite drink
I've been grooving on this little invention for a while now - order it by name and a bar tender will have no idea what you are talking about - It's really a home brewed Merry Baker concoction inspired by my hatred of Rum and my love of Moscow Mules and Mojitos. The secret to this drink is a good Ginger Beer (ginger ale is a distant cousin twice removed to the spicy punch of actual ginger beer). To find good ginger beer - try a Brazilian or Jamaican grocery. If you live in a tamer local with out an exotic bodega on every corner - try your local Trader Joes - they have a good representation of the sweet drink with a kick.

I N G R E D I E N T S
Vodka
Lime wedges
Simple Syrup
Mint
Ginger Beer


Muddle mint with lime wedges and simple syrup
Add Vodka to your tolerance level (enough for a dreamy blur of the eyes and rosy blush in the cheeks!)
Shake with crushed ice and ample ginger beer
Serve in iced tall glass and garnish with fresh mint

3 comments:

eviedee said...

Further access to my home will not be permited unless you have this drink in tow. :) Hmmm actually I don't know if I can wait that long, I may have to "muddle" my way through making it on my own.

mary mary said...

I have begun to pack so lightly these days when traveling - TSA will only allow 3 oz bottles now a days - how may nips of vodka do you think will fit in a quart sized bag? - why wasn't that a question on any of our math tests back in school?

Natasha said...

Umm just found your blog and the first post I read is one of my favorite drinks. My lucky day!!